Marmot Limelight 2P
We have a huge stock of Marmot Limelight 2P tents. This tent is a high-quality tent that will keep you dry if it rains and it will stand up to significant winds. First of all, we recommend this tent primarily for camping. However, it is also a very good “cross-over” backpacking tent. If you prefer a bit more room, you might consider our Limelight 3P tent.
Geek Tip: What is a 2P tent anyway?
The tent market has been confusing us for a long, long time! The say “2P” meaning “2-person” and then you find out the tent is too small for two people. Here is a rule of thumb for you: don’t believe manufacturers! Sounds crazy. A tent like the Marmot Limelight 2P will actually fit 2 people but be aware that it may be a little tight. It will work great for a couple or an adult and child. If you’re not sure, we highly recommend going with a 3P tent. Or if you have room in your car, why not consider a 4P tent. You will have plenty of room for your gear and a bigger space to relax if it rains.
What size tent does “The Geek” use?
For camping with two people, we usually use a 4 person tent. Most noteworthy, we will instead use a 6 person tent if we are adding two cots or a queen size mattress. When we backpack with two people we do one of three things:
- We take a 3P tent for two people
- or we take two ultra-light 2P tents (one per person)
- or we take two 1P tents
- Body Zone Pre-Bends Create Vertical Walls for a more spacious living area
- One Super-Sized Double Door and Rear D Shaped Door with Two Vestibules
- Lamp Shade Pocket Securely Holds Your Headlamp to Provide Ambient Light
- Footprint Included
- Strategic Clip Placement Provides Larger Interior Volume
- Seam Taped Full Coverage Fly with Vents
- Seam Taped Catenary Cut Floor
- Color Coded “Easy Pitch” Clips and Poles
- Interior Pockets for Small Gear Organization
- Jingle-Free Nylon Zipper Pulls
- DAC Press-Fit Poles Main Poles/Velocity Aluminum 7000 Ridge Pole
- Weight: 5 lbs 10 oz
- Vestibule Area(s): 9.5 sq ft, 6.7 sq ft
- Tent Floor Area: 33 sq ft
- Tent Dimensions: 43 x 54 x 88 in
- Min. Weight (poles, body, fly): 5 lbs 2 oz
- Max. Weight: 5 lbs 10 oz