There are two “oh so cool” features of this bivy.
- Oh so cool #1: It’s a structural bivy using the highest quality DAC poles. This makes it more than just a sleeping bag cover like so many other bivys on the market.
- Oh so cool #2: Can I get a little side entry please? YES YOU CAN with the Asylum. For any of you who have end loaded into a bivy before it’s not the most convenient thing. As an added bonus the side entry also is fully screened for those warm nights when you need extra ventilation.
Bonus Geek Tip: Don’t forget that bivys do not have vestibules or a rain fly! It’s a good idea to bring along a small light weight tarp to protect your backpack in case of rain. A backpack cover is nice, but it won’t protect your waist belt from getting wet.
- DryWall™ proprietary single skin
- Door and footbox venting
- Fully seam-taped canopy and floor
- Best-in-class construction
- DAC Ball Cap brow attachment
- Handy loop for hanging headlamps and accessories
- DAC stakes
- Capacity: 1
- Floor Area: 16 ft²
- Trail Weight: 1 lb 10 oz