Who can forget the sticky, gooey, goodness of a S’ More?
Marshmallow and chocolate melted together between two graham cracker cookies; it brings back memories! Although the original recipe for S’Mores, calling for slow roasting the marshmallow by hand, will forever be a favorite, check out this new, nearly-no-mess option for the delicious open fire treat! Still gooey and much more fun!
How to make Campfire Cones
You will Need:
- Ice Cream Cones, Either Waffle or Sugar Cones work best. (The cake cones tend to disintegrate with high heat. )
- Mini Marshmallows
- Your favorite candy bars, chopped into small pieces. Or, your favorite candy coated chocolate pieces. Chocolate and peanut butter pieces make a sweet and savory treat!
What to do:
- Grab your cone and begin filling with mini marshmallows.
- Add your choice of candy pieces.
- Fill again with mini marshmallows.
- Top it off with a few more candy pieces, leaving about 1 inch of cone unfilled.
- Spray a piece of heavy duty aluminum foil with a non-stick spray.
- Wrap cone tightly from bottom to top leaving a little breathing room at the top of the cone.
- Place in a grilling basket over the fire, be careful not to allow the flame to touch completely.
- Roast, turning occasionally for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cool until just warm, unwrap and enjoy with a fork!
Family camping is so much easier with Outdoors Geek’s Rent it,Try it, Buy it
Yes, with Outdoors Geek you can Try your Gear BEFORE You Buy it, it’s what we call the rent it, try it, buy it, that we’re so proud of.
Renting high quality, super clean gear from Outdoors Geek is so easy… You can really just focus on the fun parts of your trip. So sit back and watch the delight stretch across everyone’s face; their smiles will be full of gooey goodness. Our S’more cone recipe can help you make the best camping memories this Summer.
AND, if food is part of the beauty of your camping trips, maybe you should consider out camping kitchen sets and accessories…
We ship your gear to your campsite and you don’t ever have to pay for transit times. Trust Outdoor Geek with your family’s memories and keep reading our awesome tips!