- Be enthusiastic: If your kids don’t see you with a positive attitude, it will also be very difficult for them to have one.
- Involve your kids: Make sure to take them into consideration when preparing your trip, ask them for ideas and make them feel important.
- Give Them Responsibilities: Let your kids pack their own camping gear using a list you’ve created for them.
- Pack Some Toys: Letting kids bring some of their favorite toys allows them to be entertained on the way to your camping destination, and also at camp.
- Take Their Bikes: Bikes keep kids busy and entertained, and allows them to get to those interesting places without the need of a long walk.
- Bring Snacks: Kids are always hungry, so some healthy snacks are a great solution while preparing meals or after an outdoor activity.
Outdoors Geek: Everything You Need For Your Family Camping Trip
At Outdoors Geek we have a wide range of outdoor equipment, including gear for: backpacking, camping, hiking, group trips, guiding, canoeing, car camping, fly fishing in high mountain lakes, hunting trips, climbing 14ers and more. For more than 20 years we have been testing everything from packs to tents and stoves, and hundreds of other products.
We’ve got the good stuff right here at Outdoors Geek. And we’re not just talking about Colorado for renting or buying Camping Gear, we will ship anywhere!