You’ve decided to take advantage of the Beautiful Colors of Fall and enjoy cooler temps before it’s really cold! You’ve done your homework and chosen a great campsite and studied dates for Peak Fall Foliage. Now, Your geeks have put together your next 3 tips for Enjoying your Fall Camping Trips! In this post check out Tip #1 and look for coming posts with Tips 2 and 3 for Enjoyable Fall Camping!
Tip # 1 for Enjoying Fall Camping
Tip 1. Stay Warm – Just as summer high temps can make you miserablly hot and even a tad bit grumpy, cooler Fall temperatures can give you just enough of a chill that you aren’t able to enjoy the beauty of the colors of Fall. Staying warm involve preparing in several areas.
- Tent – Choose a high quality 3 season tent with a rain guard. If you don’t own your own equipment you can feel confident in Renting It to Try It, then buy it. Try out several Tents over the course of several camping trips and see which one suits your needs best.
- Sleeping bag – Choose a cold temperature rated sleeping bag – and you may as well choose a sleeping bag that is rated for temperatures colder than you are expecting. Insurance right? There is nothing worse than loosing a night’s sleep because you can’t stop shivering. If you know you get cold easily, bring an extra sleeping bag.
- Sleeping Pad – this is one of the most important tools for retaining heat at night. You want a thick barrier between you and the ground. Choose a seeping pad with close-cell and double it up with another foam pad if necessary.
- Pack Warm Clothing and Lots of it! Layer your clothing and wear a Winter Cap! – It should be a well known fact that layers retain heat best. So pack plenty of extras. And DO wear a winter cap, even while you sleep. 30 % of your body’s heat escapes through your head.
- Prepare with plenty of fire wood. Better to have more than enough!
- Move around. When that chill sets in – don’t sit and shiver, get up and move around get your blood moving again.
- If that doesn’t work, eat and drink something! That’s right eating a load of carbs will get your system working and you’ll warm up. Proteins take longer to digest so they’ll keep your body warmer a little longer and the digestion process takes its time. You may even want to eat a snack before bed to be sure your system keeps the fire burning internally during the night.
Let our Geeks make suggestions on the perfect Fall camping gear! From cold temperature sleeping bags and sleeping pads, to 3 season tents with rain guards, we stock it all! Not sure if you can haul all of your gear to that perfect spot? Let us ship it there for you! With our We Ship Nationwide Policy you can be sure your gear will be waiting for you at your campsite or nearest shipping center. Trust the Geeks to make your Fall camping experience the best!