Choosing a pack that is the right size for you can really make a difference on your whole trip.
– Set the shoulder harness in the top or bottom slot as indicated by your torso measurement.
– Load the pack with 15 – 20 pounds.
– Put the pack on tighten the shoulder straps, shrug your shoulders and then tighten the waist belt. The top edge of the waistbelt pad should be one inch above the iliac crest.
– Relax. List your leg until your thigh is at a 90 degree angle with your body. The bottom edge of the waist-band pad should be level with the top of your thigh.
– Make sure the shoulder stabilizer straps are loose. At the bottom of the harness there should be 2″ of leftover adjustment without bottoming out on the pack body. Additionally, the curve in the shoulder harness should be level with your armpit.
-Pull on the shoulder stabilizer straps until they’re slightly tense.
Simply put, we love the outdoors and Outdoors Geek is here to help put quality outdoor experiences within your reach. We have a wide range of outdoor experience including backpacking, camping, hiking, group trips, guiding, canoeing, car camping, fly fishing high mountain lakes, hunting trips, climbing 14ers, and more. We are the only place on the planet where you can Rent it, Try it, or Buy it. You can count on Outdoors Geek for top notch gear and all the help you need to make your outdoors adventure happen.For more than 20 years, we have been testing everything from packs, to tents, to stoves and hundreds of other products. We’ve got the good stuff right here at Outdoors Geek. And we’re not just talking about Colorado for renting or buying Camping Gear, we will ship anywhere!