Hi and thanks so much for trusting Outdoors Geek to provide great gear for your upcoming adventure! To help ensure you have a fun worry-free trip, we provide optional insurance coverage to cover possible damage to your rental gear. Please see the chart below and coverage explanations of each item below the chart.
Insurance Coverage Options
|Amount Covered*||No Coverage
|Normal Wear & Usage||X||X||X|
|Lost Tent Stakes||X||X|
|Return Gear Wet||X|
|Tent Panel Tear(s)||X|
* The “Amount Covered” is the dollar amount of coverage you will receive towards damage gear repairs.
Covered under all circumstances
Normal wear and usage
- Normal wear and tear is the expected small and incremental decline in the condition of a property due to normal use.
Covered with Geek Protect and Geek Protect Plus
Lost tent stakes
- You are covered up to 5 tent stakes getting lost, but not the stake bag.
- Burn holes are covered as long as the hole is no larger than ¼” in diameter, up to 3 holes.
- Up to 2 poles are covered if they are bent or broken.
Covered with Geek Protect Plus Only
- If the zipper is broken or stuck, this is covered
Return gear wet
- If your gear is wet, we have you covered.
- Up to 2 panel tears are covered with this option.
- Did a squirrel chew on your backpack or on your tent? With this option that is covered, up to one panel each.
- One stain, less than 5” in diameter is covered, anything larger is up to you to cover.