Thank you for your order! If you are making a rental order over $1000 or a DIY Glamping order, this policy is important for you to read. At Outdoors Geek, our goal is “Remarkable Gear, Crazy Clean, Every Single Time”. And, we also want to refund every deposit. Please see “Our Promise to You” at the bottom of this document.
Here’s how our refundable deposit policy works:
Rental orders over $1000 and DIY Glamping orders require a Damage Waiver refundable deposit. Prior to the rental period, Outdoors Geek will charge your credit card a Damage Waiver refundable deposit fee (prior to tax/shipping charges). This policy does not apply to Hunting Tent/Stove rentals.
- On rentals of $1000 or more
- 20% of rental order amount deposit will be taken at the time of order (prior to tax/shipping charges).
- On DIY Glamour Camping orders
- DIY Bell Tents and Safari Tents – $200 deposit taken per package at time of order
- DIY Acadia Tents – $50 deposit taken per package at time of order
Deposits are always fully refunded under the following conditions:
- The rental is returned on time as agreed in advance of the rental start date.
- All rental gear must be packaged for return as it was delivered.
- All rental gear is returned including the storage bags for each piece of gear.
- The rental gear is not damaged beyond normal wear and customary use.
- All rental payments have been made prior to the rental start date.
- The rental gear is returned without extra cleaning required. Things like excessive mud and dirt, very smoky smell and/or wet gear may require extra time for cleaning and drying.
Our promise to you:
If Outdoors Geek uses part or all of the refundable deposit to clean, repair, replace, or dry gear, or for any other reason~ we will communicate with you in advance of adjusting the refundable amount of credit. Our primary mission is “Inspiring Love for the Outdoors.” Thank you for allowing us to serve you.